Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I support type





I found this shirt in my closet. I think it's a great representation of my personal style!
I gravitate to pieces that are one of a kind. I like what I call "classic trendy" pieces. While the design unique and maybe a little fashion forward, the design is simplistic and minimal so you can layer with a blazer or wear as a stand alone for years to come.

The type is in a hand-written font so I think that makes it more informal and softer and inviting. The fact that the type is off to the side and so much smaller than the linear heart design makes it understated and not the main focus of the shirt. It adds to the message without overpowering the overall design. It's unique. The message is open to interpretation, but at the same time, you know what the designer is trying to convey.

I think the type in this example really adds dimension and meaning to a shirt that would otherwise, just have a heart on it! I love the asymmetry too!

Pair with skinny jeans, some heels, and a oversized bag to complete the look!


No comments:

Post a Comment